Rabat - According to a speech statement issued by a former Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal and the actual member of Hamas political office at the headquarter of the Moroccan Justice and Development Party (DJD), on Tuesday, December 26, 2017, the National Federation of Amazigh Associations of Morocco (FNAA) issued a press statement condemning what it called "the hostility of the Islamic Hamas organization to the unity of Morocco and its Amazigh identity". The statement questioned the good will of the Moroccan national organizations which have a relationship with the Palestinian organizations, which according to the statement has friendly relations with the Polisario. The statement also renewed the call by the Moroccan state to end Morocco's membership in the Arab League Organization, which produces only ethnic and sectarian wars and conflicts, the statement calls the state of Morocco to move away from the problems and conflicts that are taking place in the Persian Gulf region. This is the text of the statement:
We condemn the ruling party's reception of an armed organization representative and giving him the opportunity to define our identity as Arabs, which Moroccans rejected, because of what its racist and insulting attitude towards Amazigh people
The Executive Committee of the National Federation of Amazigh Associations in Morocco (FNAA) received with deep indignation, what was stated in the speech of the former president and actual political bureau member of the Palestinian organization Hamas on Tuesday December 26, 2017 of ethnic chauvinism racism content in front of Moroccan Justice & Development Party (PJD) representatives, who, at the occasion, had stopped a parliamentary session on an Amazigh issue to welcome this member of the organization, which was recorded in the terrorist list organizations by many countries across the world.
After recalling the FNAA Executive Committee of:
- The hostility of the Hamas Islamic organization to the unity of Morocco and its Amazigh identity,
- The suspicious relationship between the PJD Party and such organizations at the expense of the cultural diversity and social cohesion of our country,
- What constitutes, dealing with armed foreign forces and their reception in Rabat by the Moroccan government members, of an unaccountable danger to our country,
- What the relationship between Palestinian organisation and Polizario organisation constitutes in harming the good faith of the Moroccan parties that deal with them,
Accordingly, the FNAA executive committee:
- Condemns the PJD ruling party reception of the armed organization Hamas representative, and giving him the opportunity to define our identity as Arabs, which we and all Moroccans reject, because of its racist and insulting implication towards amazigh people.
- Expresses its reservation about the good intentions of Moroccans that deal with organizations that are hostile to Morocco and its Amazigh identity,
- Calls upon all the Amazigh NGO and all the real democratic forces to denounce the outside getting power behavior from Arab and Islamic external forces hostile to our country,
- We renew our request to end Morocco membership of the Arab League Organization, which produces only wars, ethnic and sectarian conflicts,
- Calls on the Moroccan state to move away from the problems and conflicts that are taking place in the Persian Gulf region,
Rabat December 27, 2017
National Federation of Amazigh Associations in Morocco (FNAA)